Subject: Re: cinematography
From: [email-masked] (Phil South)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 95 12:16 BST-1

In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
David Warner said:

> Within the last month or two I've really started trying to keep 
> camera/object movements as simple as possible without effecting the 
> overall action.  Storyboarding has helped in this matter a LOT...I now 
> spend more time scripting things out before I start setting keyframes so 
> that there is a definite linearity to the action, instead of things 
> happening all at once.

Yes, it's like storytelling with a camera: in a plot you don't add lots of 
extraneous detail just to show what a clever writer you are. You direct the 
readers attention and lead them by the nose one piece at a time. Similarly 
if the main character or point of an animation is the same colour as the 
other 100 elements in a shot, then you will lose the audiences attention, 
direct them in a load of different ways at once, and not actually get over 
the point of what you are trying to do with the animation.

---
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
Phil South <[email-masked]>   bortaS blr jablu'DI'reH QaQqu' 
nay'

                          "To be is to do" - Rousseau
                           "To do is to be" - Sartre
                          "Do be do be do" - Sinatra
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-

--
[email-masked] (Phil South) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]